Pages

WELCOME!

Visit my website at http://www.teresagrace.com/



Monday, February 7, 2011

Shells Afghan

This is the newest Pittsburgh Steeler (color) afghan that I made.  It's VERY simple.  Below are the instructions.  No, the pattern is not mine, it comes from BERNAT yarn.

I used crochet hook size H
Chain 280 sts (you can make this shorter or longer, but your stitches must be in multiples of 7)

Row 1: 1 dc in 3rd ch from hook, 2 dc in next ch, *skip 3 ch, 1 sc in next ch, ch 3, 1 dc in each of next 3 ch, repeat from * to last 4 ch, skip 3 ch, 1 sc in last ch. TURN.

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), 2 dc in first sc, *skip 3 dc, 1 sc in first ch of ch-3, ch 3, 1 dc in each of next 2 ch, 1 dc in next sc, repeat from * ending skip 2 dc, 1 sc in top of turning chain. TURN.

Repeat Row 2 until afghan is as large as you want it.
FASTEN OFF.

Border: For the border, I simply did sc stitches on both sides to make it look "pretty".  I began and ended the afghan with black so that I only put a black border on each side.  I did 3 sc in each turning chain, and 1 sc in the next "stitch" (alternating).




1 comment:

Billie Mitchell said...

I can't believe you have completed two large afghans in about 3 weeks time. It would take me two years to do that!